The OpenXC functionality is exposed via a Swift library that includes some
iOS services your application can use. The library is available on GitHub in
the openxc-ios-library repository
- Follow Apple’s excellent instructions to
download and install XCode.
- Clone the openxc-ios-library repository using Git to get both the framework and openxc-demo app. If you don’t already have Git
installed, GitHub has a good
reference for all platforms. If you want to use openxc-framework in your existing project then follow below steps.
- Install cocoapod if you don’t already have installed
sudo gem install cocoapods.
- In your existing project/New project add a pod file to it if not with the command
pod init.For cocoapod reference cocoapod.
- Open the pod file, add “pod openxcframework” to the pod file, and save.
- Run the command
pod install in terminal.
- Open the projectName.xcworkspace in XCode. You should be able to point it at the
openxc-ios-framework directory to open an
That’s it! You can now proceed to the next steps to start using the framework in
Once you have the framework set up, you can start writing your first OpenXC
app using the App Tutorial. If you are having trouble, check out the